Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm going to learn how to paint....?

Hey! So I've decided that for christmas this year, i want to paint a picture for my parents as a gift. I haven't painted before, so i was wondering, what is the best type of paint to use and the best type of canvas? please help!!! And if you have any tips, let me know! Thanks!!!I'm going to learn how to paint....?
For the beginner do not use expensive canvas or paint, go to art shop, get a book about painting (if water color buy the book how to paint with water color) and not so expensive paper or canvas, student paints, read the book and practice chapter by chapter, you will have a good painting for your parents in a short time. Good luckI'm going to learn how to paint....?
if your brand new at painting,i have a suggestion,if you want to do landscapes in oil,try looking up bob ross,its a very easy technique ,for people new at oil painting.just remember oil paints take a long time to dry,but mr.ross was very good at teaching a simple way of oil painting.


especially if its your 1st try.john

No comments:

Post a Comment