Saturday, March 13, 2010

I want to start painting. How do I start?

I want something to relieve stress. Painting is what I chose, but where do I start and how? Is it expensive?I want to start painting. How do I start?
well a good way of putting emotion across in painting is by painting abstract art created by different marks on the canvas





take a look at this for an idea of what i mean


http://www.lovefibre.com/wp-content/uplo鈥?/a>








put all your anger or hate or whatever your feeling into the brush and move it round and think about things and you will find that you end up with some really different brush techniques





this is looked upon as serious artwork these days too





i would advice using acrylic paint as this will be the cheapest way. i would buy about 5 tubes of it to begin with, a red a yellow a blue a white and a black but when you realise what colours you use more you can buy different ones





you could also use the colours to reflect your mood so use dark greens and blues and greys etc... not like bright yellow and pink





you dont necessarily need brushes to paint with, i have painted with all sorts of different materials like pieces of cardboard, sponge, cloth and my hands and fingers. You just have to experiment to see what you enjoy the most





just have fun and experiment with different effects and you will love it!I want to start painting. How do I start?
Go to the arts and crafts store and buy whatever sparks your interest.
I took a beginner's painting course at college. We used tempera paint, it's like watercolor, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempera


and the pointillism style


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointillism
The first thing that you must have in order to start painting is desire, and apparently you have that. But you must have more then desire, you must have the willingness to learn and improve from painting to painting.


I would encourage you to be creative and do not copy anyone else's work, but paint only your own creations. I too, believe that you must also be accomplished at drawing in order to be a successful painter. There are of course exceptions to this rule as in the case of abstract art, where drawing is not so important, but composition and the use of color is the emphasis.


Yes, art supplies are rather expensive and should be treated with respect in order to conserve your materials. Brushes should be cleaned thoroughly and the caps should be put on bottles and tubes in order that they do not dry out.


Art can be a stress reliever and a way to vent your ideas and sometimes emotions from your mind to the canvas. This is the case with many artists of today and yesteryear without a doubt. So I definitely encourage you to pursue the field of art to vent your frustrations whatever they might be.


I would also encourage you to first pursue the drawing area a little closer before you start painting. There are some sites online where you can study drawing. Pencil and paper are not that expensive and drawing is not just something that is done by children. It is an art in itself. Any media, even crayola can turn into beautiful works of art.


By all means continue with your plans. What I have said above is only a suggestion. Pursue art if you will and enjoy and May God Bless you and yours.....Nomadic
A small acrylic paint set would be great. Around 20 dollars and you can get paper in a tablet to paint on. Just go for it and let your creativity take you where you will go.
I had the same question myself 6 months ago. What worked great for me was in enrolling in a painting class at my local Art Institute. If you don't have one close to you, then I would check the local colleges and community ed programs in your area. I found the class to be very helpful. The teacher gave me all the basics a beginning painter should get. She taught me about the different paints and what the labels meant on each. What different surfaces you can paint on to get different effects canvas of course being the most popular (Side Note: I found this great site that makes custom canvases for artists, http://www.canvascubed.com. Very unique and very affordable). This was definitely the help I needed to really get my painting hobby off the ground.





As for the expense of painting: After you get your basics items covered, paints and brushes, it's a cheap hobby to keep up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment