Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My cat is covered in paint! how to remove?!?

HELP! we're having our guest room painted, and my three month old kitten just jumped in the bucket!! Does anyone know how to remove paint from her fur without harming her skin or health!? I have regular kitten shampoo but before i put her in the water, i wanna hear what you guys might suggest?! PLEASE HELP!!My cat is covered in paint! how to remove?!?
shave the cat ,no seriously if the paint is water based just wash the cat with water and it should come out.My cat is covered in paint! how to remove?!?
I'm going to assume the paint is water based. If so, shampoo should work but depending on the color of the paint, your kitten may take some time to get back it's natural color. If oil based I would not recomment gasoline or turpentine since the fumes could be harmful to you both. Call your vet - I'm sure this may be a first and will become a popular lunchroom topic!





Also, bless your kitten's little heart for giving me quite the laugh. I just had to have my companion of 17 1/2 years euthanized and have been crying pretty much non-stop for 2 days. Marty was quite the prankster but he never jumped into a paint can! I would suggest you begin a ';Marely %26amp; Me'; type journal for your little kitten, with a start like that you've got lots of joys ahead in the years!
i was painting our porch ealier this year and my cat skye was watching near me an a blob on paint fell on her an she licked it off i gave her lots of fresh water and got the rest of with my hands and tissue and she was fine. i kept an eye on her that day though. if i was you id plonk her in the sink and rinse her off maybe with a tiny bit of shampoo and dont let her lick it and maybe itd be a good idea to phone the vet, just to see what they say. hope this helps
Call the emergecy vet now! I'm serious. Most paint today is not toxic, but it depends on how much paint is on the kitten! The vet will tell you what you can use or do now.





Whatever you do, do NOT allow her to be licking her fur. I sure hope its not a lot of paint on her.
I would say get some gasoline on a rag and wipe her off, but since you say she jumped into the bucket, bathing it in soap and water would probably be best.
Get pet shampoo and wash until the paint come out. while your washing your cat, close all of the doors, so your cat can't get away from the water. Hope I helped! :D
Water and shampoo. I would also put in a call to your vet. At this point your cat has probably ingested some of the paint.
First of all call your vet and ask them what to do. But do NOT let her lick herself because the paint might be toxic. Hope I helped some :)
Dawn dish soap. They use this to clean duck and birds who are coated with oil from Oil spills.

No comments:

Post a Comment