Saturday, March 13, 2010

How to clean painted kitchen cupboards?

I painted my kitchen cupboards last summer. After all the cleaning sanding, priming and two coats of paint I did an antique faux finish with some umber glaze. Life got busy and I didn't get around to applying the water based polyurethane potective coating. I want to do that now but I know I need to clean any grease, dirt and dust off first so the polyurethane will stick good. What should I use to clean them with? Please help. Thank you for any answers.How to clean painted kitchen cupboards?
I wash my painted kitchen cupboards with dishwashing liquid. I just fill up the sink with warm water and add a little bit of dishwashing liquid. You can go over the cupboards again with a new cloth using cold water to remove any traces of the dishwashing liquid. Now your good to go.





I also use dishwashing liquid on my hardwood floors to clean them and then rinse with cool water. This method was recommended to me as the best way to clean hardwood floors and painted surfaces. The dishwashing liquid doesn't harm the paint or polish on a wood floor and it does a great cleaning job. It's doesn't leave much of a residue, so using a clean cloth to rinse with cool water really does the trick. It also leaves my cupboards and floor nice and shiny.How to clean painted kitchen cupboards?
I did the same thing only I sealed mine. I use a small amount of ammonia and water to clean mine. I also used this before they were painted.
Buy a box TSP and use rubber gloves it really works .

No comments:

Post a Comment