Thursday, March 4, 2010

I would like to paint or tile a concrete floor now coated with polyurethane. How do I prepare the floor.

If I have to remove the coating first, what is the best method?I would like to paint or tile a concrete floor now coated with polyurethane. How do I prepare the floor.
If you are going to tile, you need do nothing, assuming you mean ceramic or porcelean tile put down with thin-set mortar.





If you are thinking painting, paint does indeed tend not to stick very well to poly. It would be a big job, but surface sanding just to get the gloss off anything would very much help the paint to adhere.I would like to paint or tile a concrete floor now coated with polyurethane. How do I prepare the floor.
All you need to do with concrete is prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment