Thursday, March 11, 2010

How do I plan on what to draw and paint on my Canvas...?

I've got a 10 hour exam on Monday and Tuesday, and l am doing a Canvas. l'm drawing four squares and a cherry-looking thing in the middle, and on the squares l'm doing different types of colours and drawings with patterns. Will that be okay? Or do you have any other better ideas? :D The project is 'Colour' by the way, lt can't be too 'pop-arty' :D Thanks so much';How do I plan on what to draw and paint on my Canvas...?
It sounds really basic to me, sorry. I'm doing AS Art at the mo, and for my GCSE (I'm guessing it's your GCSE due to it being 10 hrs long)





I had to do a large painting of a Japanese building with so much detail for mine, and i swear i lost my vision for the rest of the week lol. And that got me an A, so if i were you i'd try and include something a bit more then boxes, you want to 'show off' your talent to the examiner so they know what you are capable off.


I'd think of something to draw and just paint/colour different sections of it in the a variety of ways. Then perhaps split the background into sections and fill them however you want, perhaps using textures to.





Hope that's slightly helpful :]How do I plan on what to draw and paint on my Canvas...?
i would draw it out at home for practice and maybe you can add different colored polka dots like you have 4 squares and you paint square 1 red square 2 blue square 3 green and square 4 purple( i don't know just thinking of colors..)And in square one you do purple polka dots and in square 2 green dots and square 3 blue and square 4 red? or just play around with it but it sounds like an awesome painting. good luck!!





Edit:or you could do stipes in one and dots in one and things like that.





and what i was doing was taking the square diagnal from the square and making those colored dots or stripes or whatever. so good luck!!
I've got mine Monday Tuesday too and im doing my portrait onto a canvas. I just going to draw it striaght on in light lines, to make sure i get the proportion correct





Goood Luckk





Take a look at my 2 favourties compositions that i did, i picked the photocopied one :)





http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/…





http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/…
Sounds fine to me.


I'd just suggest you do a practice piece first, make sure it works, maybe tweak the idea a little, and don't try anything radically different on the day.
Art isn't something you can plan out easily, Alot of people plan it out in their minds and just go with it, Then others use pencils then paint over it though I like just going with it

No comments:

Post a Comment