Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm wanting to paint my own truck, but first I have to know how to get all the old paint off.?

My truck is a 1991 Ford F150. Original paint with alot of chips. How do I take it down to metal before I primer it?I'm wanting to paint my own truck, but first I have to know how to get all the old paint off.?
If you don't have access to air compressor and orbital sanders or anything, you could try '; Aircraft Paint Remover';. Basically you brush it on with paint brush..... wait a few Min's, and scrape off old paint with putty knife or something. You can buy it at auto-zone or O'riellys.I'm wanting to paint my own truck, but first I have to know how to get all the old paint off.?
get an orbital sander n get some heavy grit sanding disks 4 it,autozone can hook u up,and use plenty of elbow grease n you'll get 2 bare metal
your best bet is get a DA sander with some 40 grit sand paper and take it to the Metal.but be careful no to leave real deep scratches in the metal. after you get it all stripped off fix your body damage if your going to. than if it was me i would get some 120 grit paper and go over the whole thing to cut down most of the scratches than use a good quality primer/filler

No comments:

Post a Comment