Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm pregnant.... how long does the paint need to dry before I should sleep in the freshly painted room?

There is Orderless paint. which you can sleep without all the nasty fumes. Lanco makes a brand that can be used in a baby nursery.


You never even notice it was painted other than the fact that the wall is wetI'm pregnant.... how long does the paint need to dry before I should sleep in the freshly painted room?
The new latex paints are so low in VOCs that as soon as the smell does not bother you, its fine. Check with your Doctor if you are concerned. The amount of toxins in new paint is nothing compared to the junk thats growing on old walls, mold spores, pollens,


dustmites etc... id take new paint anyday!I'm pregnant.... how long does the paint need to dry before I should sleep in the freshly painted room?
Place a bowl of vinegar in the room,plate with sliced apples,plate with slices of bread soaked in water,or sliced onions on a plate. Any of these will absorb the odor. If you have a ceiling fan turn it on high. Room should be good to go in 24 hours.
I'm not sure about how long but we just moved into a new apt with fresh paint. I was told to put vinegar in a small dish to absorb the odor. It worked great...by the second day I didnt smell a thing.
I would wait about 4 days. During that time you should keep the windows open to let in outside air.

No comments:

Post a Comment