Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I was asked to paint cars on a wall they are going to pay me....on average how much should i ask for?

That would depend....is this for a kids room or a restaurant or other business? Are you painting images that are a few feet wide or will they cover the whole wall?


Are you doing this for a friend or to build your business portfolio or for a total stranger? I am surprised they would hire you without knowing at all what you charge.


There are a lot of discussions in the decorative paint world about how much to charge. It's an ongoing debate.


Can you look up local muralists in your area online and get a ballpark? The prices vary quite a bit by region.


You could also price it backwards, meaning ask them what their budget is and then paint as little or as much depending on what they say. When I did kids murals I charged $75 for each character and more if there was a background scene. But that was several years ago.I was asked to paint cars on a wall they are going to pay me....on average how much should i ask for?
ask for half of the cost (a deposit) before painting with enough to cover supplies. get the balance when it's completed.I was asked to paint cars on a wall they are going to pay me....on average how much should i ask for?
$35 hr, paint extra

No comments:

Post a Comment