Thursday, March 11, 2010

I scraped a 6x10 scrape on the right front bumper of my Prius, no dent (plastic bumper) how much to re-paint?

see if your insurance covers it otherwise it will probably be a lot, $500+ and dealership will probably rip you off. find an acquittance that's a mechanic and ask for a recommendation for a local shop. But if it doesn't look too bad just leave it.I scraped a 6x10 scrape on the right front bumper of my Prius, no dent (plastic bumper) how much to re-paint?
Had similar damage on my new Chevrolet LS and the area was smaller, 3x5. The Chevrolet body shop (they are the 6th largest body shop in the USA) written estimate was for $485.20I scraped a 6x10 scrape on the right front bumper of my Prius, no dent (plastic bumper) how much to re-paint?
I'd recommend taking it to the dealer and getting an estimate. We thought our little scrape on our Saturn's plastic bumper would only require repainting. When we talked to the dealer, they said those bumpers get stressed (or something like that) and needed some additional body work or replacement, not just repainting.

No comments:

Post a Comment