Thursday, March 4, 2010

How to take paint off my car?

so i had a party at my house lastnight and i got really wasted that i reversed into my garage door and messed up my car (black 2006 mitsubishi eclipse gt)...well basically the garage door just left white scratches on the car...but some of the white paint comes off when i tend to scratch it a little bit..i was wondering if anyone knew a good cleaning solution for my problem....isn't touch-up paint noticable if i put it over the scratches too? but i was hoping to look for some special fluids that would take off the white scratchesHow to take paint off my car?
Try to buff the paint. I work at a car dealership. We found that that is the best way to get rid of scratches. If the scratch is too deep buffing it will only make it look better. Buffing with a good wax will definately help. If that doesn't work you will have to use touch up paint. If you do it right the touch up paint shouldn't be that noticeable. Good Luck.How to take paint off my car?
NO. you need to buff them off.
looked at the web site was not impressed ..your car was painted two part ..meaning a base coat of color was applyed first then a clear coat appled over that ..I would hit it first with the car wash see how much comes off ..you said it comes off in chips...rubbing compound and a buffer..if the color wasn't damaged ..spray can of clear coat might do it....this car is a year old you sure you want to be playing with its finish
Try checking this link out (with video goodness)


15 easy to follow steps on fixing scrapes and scratches.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment