Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How much would it cost to paint this car?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co鈥?/a>








I have a 2001 mercury cougar and its starting to rust a little bit. I wanted to know roughly how much it would cost to have it repainted. Its silver but I would like to have it painted darker or black. So I was just wondering what would it cost to paint? Thanks so much!!!How much would it cost to paint this car?
Come to West Virginia--Stay with me for a week or two and I'll make Andrew paint it for cheap! Hehe. :oP He paints cars for a living.





Im not sure though girly. With it rusting, any good body shop will try to take care of the rust problem before they paint it so it doesn't spread, if you know what I mean.. you could take it to any local body shop and get a quote! :o) Good luck! %26lt;3How much would it cost to paint this car?
Well, if it is rusting, they may have to replace a panel on there. I would say that they would for sure have to sand everything down, fix and dings that it has and prime it, then paint it. For an all over car job you are looking at the very least $1000. My husband works for a collision shop and it isn't cheap to repaint the entire car. It is pretty expensive, especially since the insurance company won't cover anything!
Depends how well you want the paint job to be, some shops will quote you a fairly low price, but will not do much prep work ( sanding, rust removal, bondo if needed,....etc), the most important part of a good paint job is the preparation of surface to be painted and unfortunately the costliest, unless you do the prep work yourself. A cheap paint job can probaly be found at about $300.00 to $500.00, some as low as as $150.00 which I would avoid.
It depends on where you take it. Some of the cheaper places will charge maybe $600-$700, while more reputable places will charge near $1000.
any where between 600 -1500 at the most

No comments:

Post a Comment